CS Leadership Award
Individuals may nominate themselves or someone else for this award.
This award recognizes a Central Service (CS) supervisor, manager, director, or equivalent, who has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities and has made significant contributions to their team, department and facility.
Nominees will be evaluated on a typewritten narrative and at least two letters of recommendation. The narrative should specifically address the nominee's leadership strengths. This may include their ability to effectively inspire, mentor and support their team to achieve positive outcomes; foster an environment of collaboration to advance service quality and patient safety initiatives; engage in effective problem-solving; and promote pride and continuing excellence within the department.
The recipient of this award will be recognized during the 2022 Annual Conference and Expo, and will receive an engraved plaque and a monetary award in the amount of $1,000.
Please note: a person may not be the recipient of this award for two consecutive years.
- Nominee has been an active member of HSPA (formerly IAHCSMM) in good standing for a minimum of three years
- Nominee has been employed in the CS field for a minimum of five years
- Nominee is being nominated by someone within their facility (unless a self-nomination)
- Narrative explaining why the nominee should receive this award. The narrative should include examples of how the nominee has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities within the profession, and has made significant contributions to their team, department and facility. This may include their ability to:
- Effectively inspire, mentor and support their team to achieve positive outcomes
- Foster an environment of collaboration to advance service quality and patient safety initiatives
- Engage in effective problem-solving
- Promote pride and continuing excellence within the department
- At least two letters of recommendation from former or current CS employees, managers, administrators or other healthcare professionals. Note: No more than four letters will be reviewed.
SP Leadership Award Nomination Form
To begin the application process, Click here to download the PDF Application or use the online form below.