To encourage continuing education for SP technicians, supervisors, managers and directors
CE Approval Protocol
Continuing Education Approval
HSPA actively seeks out relationships with healthcare companies and affiliated chapters to encourage continuing education (CE) in the Sterile Processing (SP) field. With new product developments and technologies being introduced at a rapid rate, there will always be a need for professional development activities for HSPA’s members. For companies or chapters that already have quality education or training programs in place, we encourage you to apply for CE approval. HSPA will partner with you to convey this information to our members and certification holders by approving your programs for CE credit.
$50 per submission request
Once a program is approved, payment is required prior to the release of a CE approval number. Payment waiver granted to HSPA chapters and Sterile Processing suppliers with a current Premium or Professional package. Approved CEs are valid for two years from the approval date. If you have questions, contact Patti Koncur, HSPA Education Specialist, at email@example.com.
OVERVIEW & STEPS FOR SUBMISSION
To provide an avenue for maintenance of credits for recertification for all levels of HSPA certification
- Continuing education (CE) approval must be obtained prior to the start date of the program. Approvals will not be back-dated.
- Complete the online CE Approval Request Form and attach the following documentation:
- For workshops and seminars: A sample brochure and/or handout, clearly outlining program title(s), objectives, and the number of contact hours planned for each topic.
- For print and online publications: A copy of the article or module including the post-test, if applicable.
- For presentations: A copy of the handout, outline, or PowerPoint presentation that will be used and a copy of the post-test, if applicable.
- All submissions must include the name of the speaker(s), topic(s) to be addressed, clear objectives and the time allotted for each topic.
- Allow up to four weeks for processing.
- If the program is sponsored or co-sponsored by a vendor or a non-affiliated chapter, there will be a $50 processing fee (you will be invoiced following approval). This fee is waived for HSPA partners and affiliated HSPA chapters.
NOTIFICATION OF APPROVAL
- Allow up to four weeks for approval or denial notification after HSPA has received the complete CE Approval Request Form. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Each approved educational offering will be assigned an approval number and the number of approved contact hours.
- The attendee name, HSPA approval number, program name, date, title and credit value must appear on all certificates distributed to program attendees.
- Continuing education (CE) approvals for renewing programs must be obtained prior to the start date of the program. Approvals will not be back-dated.
- Program approvals are valid for two years from the date of approval. Programs to be repeated, after the initial two-year period, must be resubmitted to receive a new approval code, which if granted will be valid for the next two years.
- When submitting a previously approved program for renewal, please complete a new CE Approval Request Form. Be sure to record the previous approval code and include a copy of the program documentation (i.e., article, brochure, self-study guide, etc.).
THE CE APPROVAL REQUEST FORM IS INTENDED FOR PROGRAM ORGANIZERS--NOT INDIVIDUALS APPLYING FOR CERTIFICATION OR RENEWAL
TO SUBMIT CE CREDITS TOWARD YOUR CERTIFICATION RENEWAL
Visit your online certification portal
CE APPROVAL REQUEST FORM
This form must be completed online. Faxed or mailed submissions will not be accepted. Fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory. Please allow up to four weeks for processing. Approval must be obtained prior to the program start date. Approvals will not be back-dated.